Garmin Venu Sq FAQs & SpecsUpdated 2 years ago
Table of Contents
Garmin Venu Sq/Venu Sq Music FAQs
How do I use the buttons and touchscreen on my Venu Sq?
A. Action Button
Press to turn on the device.
Press to start and stop the activity timer.
Hold for 2 seconds to view the controls menu, including device power.
Hold for 5 seconds to request assistance (Safety and Tracking Features).
B. Back (Menu) Button
Press to return to the previous screen, except during an activity.
During an activity, press to mark a new lap, start a new set or pose, or advance to the next stage of a workout.
Hold to view a menu of device settings and options for the current screen.
Swipe up or down to scroll through widgets, features, and menus.
Tap to select.
Double-tap to wake the device.
Swipe right to return to the previous screen.
During an activity, swipe right to view the watch face and widgets.
From the watch face, swipe right to view the shortcut feature.
- Drag up or down to scroll through lists and menus.
- Swipe up or down to scroll quickly.
- Tap to select an item.
- From the watch face, swipe up or down to scroll through the widgets on the device.
- From a widget, tap to view additional widget screens, if available.
- During an activity, swipe up or down to view the next data screen.
- During an activity, swipe right to view the watch face and widgets, and swipe left to return to the activity data fields.
- Perform each menu selection as a separate action.
Locking and Unlocking the Touchscreen
You can lock the touchscreen to prevent inadvertent screen touches.
- Hold to view the controls menu.
- Select .
The touchscreen locks and does not respond to touches until you unlock it.
- Hold any button to unlock the touchscreen.
My Venu Sq will not turn on or charge. What should I do?
If your Garmin device won't turn on or charge, there are some basic troubleshooting steps that you can perform.
Is the Device Possibly Locked up?
In some instances, a device can appear locked up or frozen and not respond to any input including pressing a key, swiping the screen (touchscreen devices), or plugging the device into external power. You can attempt to recover the device by performing the following steps if your device has a physical power button:
NOTE: Following these steps may result in a loss of some data such as recent steps taken (activity trackers) or a loss of current time. To correct the time, sync the device with a smartphone using the Garmin Connect app or a personal computer using Garmin Express. For GPS devices go outside and acquire a GPS signal.
Plug the device into an external power source using the power/data cable.
Press and hold the power button until the screen changes (hold up to 30 seconds).
Is the Charging Cable in Working Condition?
Confirm that the cable is not damaged which would prevent the device from charging. Check the charging pins to ensure they are free of debris and not damaged. Replace the cable if necessary.
Are the Charging Contact Points on the Device in Working Condition?
Check the charging contact points on the device for damage, dirt, or debris. Use a pencil eraser or a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean them.
Is the Battery on the Device Fully Charged?
Plug the device into a power source using the power/data cable.
How do I set up which notifications display on my Venu Sq?
Controlling which notifications you see on your Garmin device is managed from your phone. Steps differ between Apple and Android.
Notifications are managed from the iOS notification setting on the phone.
- From the iPone select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- From the top of the screen, make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked. This is a setting required by Apple to display notifications on a Bluetooth paired device.
- A little farther down the screen, under NOTIFICATION STYLE, select the app you want to configure (e.g., Messages, Mail, etc.).
- To SEE NOTIFICATIONS for a specific app on your Garmin device:
- Allow Notifications should be toggled on.
- Under ALERTS, make sure there is a check mark under Notification Center.
- At the bottom, under OPTIONS or LOCK SCREEN APPEARANCE, you must have Show Previews set to either Always or When Unlocked. This is a setting required by Apple to display notifications on a Bluetooth paired device.
- To DISABLE NOTIFICATIONS from displaying on your Garmin device:
- Choose the app you want to control from the NOTIFICATIONS SETTINGS screen.
- Under ALERTS, uncheck Notification Center. This will also result in notifications no longer appearing in the phone's notifications no longer appearing in the phone's notification center.
Repeat step 4 for each individual app to either allow or disable notifications from the app.
Controlling what notifications display on your Garmin device can be managed from the Garmin Connect app.
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your phone.
- Select menu bars (top left).
- Select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Select App Notifications.
From here, toggle to enable or disable all smart notifications or customize by selecting individual apps.
Where can I find the Garmin Venu Sq/Venu Sq Music Manual?
Click here to see the Venu Sq manual.
See more Garmin Venu Sq FAQs:
Click on this link for more Venu Sq FAQ.
Garmin Venu Sq Product Specifications
- LENS MATERIAL: Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- BEZEL MATERIAL: anodized aluminum
- CASE MATERIAL: fiber-reinforced polymer
- QUICK RELEASE BANDS (20 mm, Industry standard)
- STRAP MATERIAL: silicone
- PHYSICAL SIZE: 40.6 x 37.0 x 11.5 mm; Fits wrists with a circumference of 125-190 mm"
- COLOR DISPLAY
- DISPLAY SIZE: 1.3" (33.1 mm) diagonal
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 240 x 240 pixels
- DISPLAY TYPE: liquid crystal; optional always-on mode
- WEIGHT: 37.6 g
- BATTERY LIFE:
- Smartwatch mode: Up to 6 days
- GPS mode: Up to 14 hours
- WATER RATING: 5 ATM
- MEMORY/HISTORY: 200 hours of activity data
Need further troubleshooting? No problem!
For further technical support, we recommend contacting Garmin's fantastic technical support team—this can be done in two ways:
As an Authorized Garmin dealer, any Venu Sq sold on PlayBetter.com is completely eligible for Garmin's 1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty. So you can be confident you'll be protected from any product defects within 365 of your delivery date!
The PlayBetter.com team is here to support you the entire way! So if you're not getting the help you need, please contact us via Help Center (email, chat or phone) and we'll make sure you're taken care of.