Garmin Edge 830 FAQs & SpecsUpdated 2 years ago
Table of Contents
Garmin Edge 830 FAQs
- Select to enter sleep mode and wake the device.
Hold to turn the device on and off and lock the touchscreen.
- Select to mark a new lap.
- Select to start and stop the activity timer.
- Charge using an Edge external battery pack accessory.
Home Screen Overview
The home screen gives you quick access to all the features of the Edge® device.
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
The settings widget appears. A flashing icon means the device is searching for a signal. A solid icon means the signal was found or the sensor is connected. You can select any icon to change the settings.
- Swipe left or right to view more widgets.
The next time you swipe down to view the widgets, the last widget you viewed appears.
Using the Touchscreen
- When the timer is running, tap the screen to view the timer overlay.
The timer overlay allows you to return to the home screen during a ride.
Select to return to the home screen.
Swipe or select the arrows to scroll.
Select to return to the previous page.
Select to save your changes and close the page.
Select to close the page and return to the previous page.
Select to search near a location.
Select to delete an item.
Select for more information.
How to Lock the Touchscreen
- Hold , and select Lock Screen.
- During an activity, select .
How to Pair Your Smartphone
- From the app store on your smartphone, install and open the Garmin Connect app.
- Hold to turn on the device.
The first time you turn on the device, you will select the device language. The next screen prompts you to pair with your smartphone.TIP: You can swipe down on the home screen to view the settings widget, and select Phone > Pair Smartphone to manually enter pairing mode.
- Select an option to add your device to your Garmin Connect account:
If this is the first device you have paired with the Garmin Connect app, follow the on-screen instructions.
If you have already paired another device with the Garmin Connect app, from the or menu, select Garmin Devices > Add Device, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- NOTE: Based on your Garmin Connect account and accessories, your device suggests activity profiles and data fields during setup. If you have sensors paired with your previous device, you can transfer them during setup.
Going for a Ride
Where can I find the Garmin Edge 830 Manual?
Click here to see the Edge 830 manual.
See more Edge 830 FAQs:
Garmin Edge 830 Product Specifications
- PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS: 1.9” x 3.2” x 0.8” (50.0 x 82.0 x 20.0 mm)
- COLOR DISPLAY
- DISPLAY SIZE: 2.6" (66 mm) diagonal
- DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 246 x 322 pixels
- WEIGHT: 2.7 oz (75.8 g)
- BATTERY TYPE: rechargeable lithium-ion
- BATTERY LIFE: up to 20 hours
- BATTERY SAVE MODE
- IN-RIDE POWER COMPATIBLE (GARMIN CHARGE BATTERY PACK)
- WATER RATING: IPX7
Need further troubleshooting? No problem!
For further technical support, we recommend contacting Garmin's fantastic technical support team—this can be done in two ways:
As an Authorized Garmin dealer, any Edge 830 sold on PlayBetter.com is completely eligible for Garmin's 1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty. So you can be confident you'll be protected from any product defects within 365 of your delivery date!
The PlayBetter.com team is here to support you the entire way! So if you're not getting the help you need, please contact us via Help Center (email, chat or phone) and we'll make sure you're taken care of.